Saturday, June 11, 2011

Tree Creepers Fledge

I saw these four fledgling tree creepers clinging onto a tree trunk the other evening. I heard them as I was on my way to visit the badger sett that I watch. They were huddled together like this ready for the night. They still depend on their parents to feed them at this stage but are no longer in the nest.

At the badger sett there were five adults and just one cheeky cub. Oddly, one of the sows had taken her two cubs away for the night. She must be feeling a little insecure. I saw her come back to the sett for a little while and dive into the burrow and then shoot back off up the hill where she must have stashed her cubs.


Let's hope she begins to feel a little more secure soon and brings the two cubs back. On the way back I looked in on the tree creepers and found them fast asleep with their heads tucked under their wings.

It was about 11.30pm and there were now five of them.

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful view of tree-creeper young. I had a pair nesting at my worksheds, but they were very shy and I missed them fledge - they seem to know when I have the camera and scamper off just out of view!

    ReplyDelete