Monday, June 28, 2010

Camoflague


Isn't this chick well camoflagued? I photographed it down the road from my gallery. Tawny owl chicks are very vulnerable to predators after they fledge, so they use camoflague to keep them safe.
The gallery has been really busy over the weekend, although it did go quiet at 3pm when the England v Germany match started!
The weather has been glorious, which has certainly helped.
I led an owl safari around this area with fellow naturalist Michael Flowers which went really well. There were 14 of us in total and we saw a male little owl hunting, a barn owl being mobbed by two kestrels, a roe deer, badger and then plenty of tawny owl feeding action from my kitchen window. Even I was amazed we saw so much!
The gallery is about to open again for another day, so I'd best get busy. We've also got Driffield Photographic Society coming for a visit this evening, so I've got my work cut out!

No comments:

Post a Comment