Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Frog & Toad Antics!


Spring seems to be springing and no more so than in my garden pond. As soon as the snow melted in February they began hopping out of their winter hideaways and diving in. Watching them can by quite fun. I found that as soon as I approached, they spotted my silhouette against the sky and dove for cover. So now I’ve adopted a ‘commando’ approach: creeping along the ground slowly and quietly so that they don’t spot me. I used the tactic to watch the amphibian frenzy in the garden pond for my latest Gazette & Herald column http://www.robertefuller.com/RobertEFullersite/wildlife-diary-mar-09-frogandtoads.htm
And I even dared describe the frogs as ungainly…..!

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about frogs -- they are very hard to "sneak up on!" I recently recorded some frog calls, and was luckily able to get very close with my SonoPak Mic Kit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've followed your fantastic work for a while now, so it's great to see you have joined the bloggers!
    I have to get over to your gallery soon - I only live near Leyburn, so I have no excuses.
    Cheers

    Nolon

    ReplyDelete