Thursday, July 7, 2011

Owl Safaris

The owl safaris I held this summer have been a great success.
Originally meant to complement my summer exhibition I had so much demand that I ended up doing five safaris in total - even giving up my birthday evening for one!
But they were worth it. We started each safari here at the gallery to look at the kestrels and tawny owls that nest in a line of sycamores below my kitchen window and then headed off to Givendale, passing by the spectacular field of orchids on the way.
In all we saw little owls, buzzards, barn owls, yellow hammers, woodpeckers, and more. Each safari always ended with a warm drink and a chat over what we have seen at my kitchen table whilst we waited for the tawny owls to come to feed at the bird table.

1 comment:

  1. What a great photo, and it sounds like you had an enviable time on your safari.

    ReplyDelete