Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Badgers in Colour

I've started working on a series of paintings of badgers for my Christmas exhibition, which opens on November 14th and runs until November 29th.
Well, actually I've been working on the paintings for the exhibition all year but this is the time that I knuckle down in the studio with my paintbrushes.
I built a hide close to a badger sett in February and I've been watching and photographing the badgers most nights since then. I have got to know some of them very well.
This is Dyson. I've watched him grow up, from his first visits out in the late April snows with his mother. I named him for the greedy way he uses his snout to hoover up the titbits I leave out for him.
I still need to add a lot of detail to this painting. I'll keep you posted on how it develops.

No comments:

Post a Comment