Friday, March 11, 2011

Otter Search Reveals a Wildlife Bridge!

My search for this elusive otter continues....
I decided to give up on the log and followed some tracks up a tributary of the Derwent until I found an otter holt. I set my camera up there for a few days but all I caught was a wood mouse and the dreaded mink again!So I carried on walking up the tributary until I came across a tree that had fallen across the stream. The stream fell between two badger setts and it was clear that the badgers used it to cross back and forth so I decided that this would be a good place to also set up a camera. Sure enough I got plenty of shots of badgers crossing back and forth.
But look what else I caught on camera.
A fox.

(He actually spotted the camera and the next night he crossed further downstream!)
A pheasant.
Even a cat
And a spaniel!
What a busy wildlife bridge!

1 comment:

  1. That's actually a great idea. I like that the fox crossed down stream the next night.
    Love your site.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete