Friday, October 23, 2015

Art Exhibition to Save Nature: Near & Far

I’ve got a new art exhibition opening at my gallery in Thixendale on November 7th at which I aim to raise awareness for the plight of creatures in crisis. The event features lifelike paintings of endangered species from around the globe. Wildlife is my life and I hope to offer visitors practical advice on what they can do to help the animals on their own doorsteps.


 Wildlife everywhere is in crisis. Here in the UK there are species that we take for granted, like sparrows and hedgehogs, which could disappear altogether if we don’t do something. It's almost Christmas and I’m hoping that visitors to my exhibition will embrace the seasonal spirit of giving to do what they can to help nature.


A report by the World Wildlife Fund this autumn suggested the world has already lost 52% of species. I will also be exhibiting photographs of endangered wildlife from around the world, including pictures of rare desert elephants that I photographed in Namibia this August.

The best of my research video into animal behaviour will also be on show, among them engaging footage of endangered species. If I can show people how wonderful the wildlife that I watch is, I hope they will want to preserve them as much as I do.

I’m planning to use this exhibition to show visitors how to protect British species via information boards and workshops. When so many species are struggling, sometimes it is difficult to know where to begin. But there are plenty of things people can do in their own gardens that will make a big difference. I hope my exhibition will show them how.



Mr own garden in Thixendale is a great example as to what can be achieved. Since I moved here in 1998 my tree sparrow population has flourished. Tree sparrows are endangered in the UK, but my regime of planting woodland and wildflowers, digging a pond and putting up bird feeders and nest boxes has ensured the future of local populations.
A number of nature walks, falconry lessons and birdwatching safaris accompany the exhibition.

My Exhibition: Saving Nature: Near and Far runs from November 7th-29th  here at The Robert Fuller Gallery, Fotherdale Farm, Thixendale, North Yorkshire, YO17 9LS. 
For more details go to my website www.robertefuller.com or to book on a nature event follow the links below:

Accompanying events:  

Falconry, Sunday Nov 8th 
Learn how to fly a live bird of prey with experts Eagle Eye Falconry.
10-11am. £6 adults £4 children Buy Tickets 

 Red Kite Roost, Saturday Nov 14th 
A guided tour to a red kite roost with a professional birdwatcher Michael Flowers.
1pm at the Robert Fuller Gallery. £9.50 Buy Tickets

Falconry, Sunday Nov 15th 
Learn how to fly a live bird of prey with experts Eagle Eye Falconry.
10-11am. £6 adults £4 children Buy Tickets

KIDS: Endangered Animals Mini Zoo, Sunday Nov 15th 
Hold and touch rare exotic animals in the safe environment of the gallery
10-11am. £6 adults £4 children. Buy Tickets

Talk & Slideshow by Wildlife Artist Robert Fuller, Saturday Nov 21st 
Robert will talk about the wildlife of Namibia.
7.30pm. £9.50 Buy Tickets

Falconry, Sunday Nov 22nd 
Learn how to fly a live bird of prey  with experts Eagle Eye Falconry.
10-11am. £6 adults £4 children Buy Tickets

Raptor & Seal Safari, Sunday Nov 28th
A safari around Sunk Island on the Humber Estuary to see barn owls, peregrine falcons and seals. 
1.30pm. £9.50 Buy Tickets

KIDS: Endangered Animals Mini Zoo, Sunday Nov 29th 
Hold and touch rare exotic animals in the safe environment of the gallery
10-11am. £6 adults £4 children. Buy Tickets

Falconry, Sunday Nov 29th
Learn how to fly a live bird of prey  with experts Eagle Eye Falconry.
10-11am. £6 adults £4 children Buy Tickets

No comments:

Post a Comment