Friday, January 27, 2012

An area of outstanding beauty?

I was interviewed by Look North last week on whether the Yorkshire Wolds should be designated as an 'area of outstanding natural beauty'.
 I told them about the wealth of wildlife that can be found on the Wolds.
But it is an interesting concept isn't it? In my opinion there is no doubt that the Wolds are outstandingly beautiful.
But if they are made into an area of outstanding natural beauty it will have implications on the people who live here.
For instance the planning laws will be much tighter. I have already had a battle trying to expand my business and I wonder if things would be even harder to effect change if this area became an area of outstanding natural beauty.
What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. I too have concerns about even tighter planning laws if the Wolds were made an AONB, but I think some kind of protection for the local landscape is long overdue to be honest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is difficult to know what is for the best. The issue has sparked an interesting debate on my Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/pages/Robert-E-Fuller/170410799881
    where a lot of people are concerned that there will be an influx of visitors if it happens, but of course Wold Ranger you are right that it comes with protection. What does everyone else think?

    ReplyDelete